My photo
Pennsylvania, United States
my life is run by numbers: current pounds, pounds gained, pounds lost, calorie intake, calorie burn, money in my bank account, debt of my credit cards, miles walked, stairs climbed, and the years anorexia and bulimia is taking away from my life.

Friday, March 22, 2013

An unexpected love story.

I was chatting with one of the nurses at work last night, asking her about her boyfriend.  (He had made her steak and a baked potato to take to work with her to eat for dinner since it was birthday).  I confessed I had never really heard much of her story with him (just snippets, I haven't been at the hospital long enough to start a repetoire with the nurses where they gossip with me about their personal lives) so she started to tell me their story..

During her husband's affair she met this man and they began an affair of their own.  Eventually her lover left and moved to Florida to start his own life and she continued to work on her marriage.  The marriage finally dissolved in divorce years later.  One day, after the divorce, she had been on the road and a car behind her started beeping.  Her old lover had returned to Pennsylvania and, while out driving himself, saw that the car in front of him was hers (she had Virginia license plates and was the only one in the area with it).  They stopped and talked, but she was afraid to initiate anything because she knew, especially now that she was divorced, that she was start back up with him again.  She waited him out 3 weeks, he called her routinely during those weeks, and the last time he called he said that it was the last time he would call and move on.  She finally called him back, they had drinks, and they've been together since.

How funny to have a love leave you and then come right back to you, especially when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment